Spy School (Online) - (Grades 2-6)
**Please indicate your child's NAME and GRADE in the "Order Notes."
INSTRUCTOR: Heather Hinze & Michelle Benedict
WHAT: Welcome to SPY SCHOOL, where you will begin your training as a top secret agent! Join your favorite GSN teachers ONLINE as you learn tips and tricks for encoding and decoding messages, designing disguises, and discovering and protecting secrets! Whether you’re looking for cool spy skills or just a chance to connect with other gifted students and teachers, this class will be a highlight of your day!
WHEN: May 18-22 (M-F) from 3:00-3:45pm
WHERE: Class takes place via Zoom. A link to class will be sent following registration.
- A computer WITH WEBCAM (tablets are okay, but the ability to open multiple tabs at once is preferable)
- ZOOM app capabilities
- An email address and access to the email during class
- A spy field journal (notebook) and something to write with
- Class handouts (These will be emailed to you, please print before the first class. If you do not have the ability to print, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will arrange for you to receive hard copies of the handouts.)
A NOTE TO PARENTS:
Please also read our Online Community Guidelines on the Virtual Classes page of our website. Due to the online nature of this class, our class will not operate in a traditional way. Please be advised of the following restrictions:
- GSN cannot provide technical assistance, so each participant will need to be familiar with his or her own device
- GSN staff cannot ‘supervise’ your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to supervise their student’s participation
- GSN staff cannot discipline your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to address and correct student misbehaviors, if needed. Students who are inappropriate or disruptive will be removed from the online class.
- GSN cannot control everyone else’s environments (background). Parents should view each Zoom meeting to ensure that they approve of the audio and visual information their student experiences.