The Best Parts: Digital Photography (Online) - (Grades 2-4)
INSTRUCTOR: Heather Hinze & Michelle Benedict
WHAT: Photography is the perfect hobby for kids who enjoy being creative, have an interest in admiring the world's beauty, or enjoy creating unique projects! In this fun, interactive class your learner will use digital photography, along with other art techniques, to create a unique portfolio of pieces that showcase the best parts of themselves, their family, community, and the world. We will also explore social-emotional topics that help us understand our feelings around these portfolio pieces.
WHO: Highly motivated learners, grades 2-4
WHEN: July 27-31 (M-F) from 9:00-9:45am
WHERE: Class takes place via Zoom. A link to class will be sent the weekend prior to class.
- A computer WITH WEBCAM (tablets are okay, but the ability to open multiple tabs at once is preferable)
- ZOOM app capabilities
- An email address and access to the email during class
- A digital camera (a smartphone is fine),
- A computer to upload pictures from class on
- A printer if students wish to have a hard copy of their finished work
- Class handouts (These will be emailed to you, please print before the first class.) If you do not have the ability to print handouts, please also purchase the "Handouts - Delivery" product. There is a $3 charge for hard copy delivery.
A NOTE TO PARENTS:
Please also read our Online Community Guidelines on the Virtual Classes page of our website. Due to the online nature of this class, our class will not operate in a traditional way. Please be advised of the following restrictions:
- GSN cannot provide technical assistance, so each participant will need to be familiar with his or her own device
- GSN staff cannot ‘supervise’ your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to supervise their student’s participation
- GSN staff cannot discipline your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to address and correct student misbehaviors, if needed. Students who are inappropriate or disruptive will be removed from the online class.
- GSN cannot control everyone else’s environments (background). Parents should view each Zoom meeting to ensure that they approve of the audio and visual information their student experiences.