Kid Inventors (Virtual) - (Grades 5-7)
INSTRUCTOR: Heather Hinze
WHAT: In this class, students will learn about and evaluate many unique inventions and innovations that were created by kids to help solve their problems throughout history. Students will play, “Guess that kid invention”, watch some video shorts of amazing kid inventions, complete a one-page handout to evaluate kid inventions, and view the process of taking an invention from idea to prototype. Students will leave this class inspired to become kid inventors themselves!
WHO: Highly motivated learners, grades 5-7
WHEN: Saturday, Oct. 24th from 3:15-4:15pm
WHERE: Class takes place via Zoom. A link to class will be sent the weekend prior to class.
- A computer WITH WEBCAM (tablets are okay, but the ability to open multiple tabs at once is preferable)
- ZOOM app capabilities
- An email address and access to the email during class
- One-page handout (needs to be printed at home prior to class)
A NOTE TO PARENTS:
Please also read our Online Community Guidelines on the Virtual Classes page of our website. Due to the online nature of this class, our class will not operate in a traditional way. Please be advised of the following restrictions:
- GSN cannot provide technical assistance, so each participant will need to be familiar with his or her own device
- GSN staff cannot ‘supervise’ your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to supervise their student’s participation
- GSN staff cannot discipline your student during this class. Parents and guardians should expect to address and correct student misbehaviors, if needed. Students who are inappropriate or disruptive will be removed from the online class.
- GSN cannot control everyone else’s environments (background). Parents should view each Zoom meeting to ensure that they approve of the audio and visual information their student experiences.